We spend our lives waiting for God to move His hand, just like how Habakkuk decided to wait on God from the watch tower. But perhaps if we look close enough at the details of our everyday lives, we will already see His handiwork. Miracles, we may call them. This blog is a listing of the things I have asked for, and were given; stuff I have sought, and found; and doors I have knocked upon, and have been opened.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Jobless in Less Than 1 Second

Th story about building the house and getting a car upgrade wa really something, but let me tell you also about the employment front.

The HR guy from Oslo said that the office will close by March 1 of that year. But before that day came, I got a call from a Norwegian company I was helping to secure hydropower plants in the Philippines as part of my job at the Commercial Section. SN Power heard about the office closing, and will therefore lose the representation in the Philippines. The guys in Oslo decided to then put up a Representative Office in Manila, and asked me to be the country representative. You start on March 1, the voice on the other end of the line said. So I had a job as soon as my other job ended. They also bumped up my salary scale by about 20% and gave me an assured 14th month pay. After 2 years they also gave me a Toyota Innova of which 80% of the price hs been paid for by the company. I only needed to pay Php5,700 for 24 months for it. Thank you, Big Boss!

No comments:

Post a Comment