We spend our lives waiting for God to move His hand, just like how Habakkuk decided to wait on God from the watch tower. But perhaps if we look close enough at the details of our everyday lives, we will already see His handiwork. Miracles, we may call them. This blog is a listing of the things I have asked for, and were given; stuff I have sought, and found; and doors I have knocked upon, and have been opened.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Finding CCF

Attending BSF for about 4 years really allowed me to grow spiritually. In the beginning my wife did not know I was attending, and was a little suspicious when she started to notice I always go home late on Mondays. But later she told me that she was also noticing that I was changing and becoming a gentle person more and ore, so she did not say a thing. A few months after, she just suddenly said, Dad, whatever it is you are doing on Monday evenings, just keep doing it because it is making you nicer. It really made me laugh, and glad too, that my Christianity is growing in me.

A good friend of mine, Glenn, who was married to another friend I introduced, RV, told us about CCF, or Christ Commission Fellowship, a Christian church. At that time my family was in a very active search for a church to go to. My wife and I were born Catholics, but we thought we should begin attending service at a Christian church. My daughter goes to a Presbyterian school, and she was also getting introduced to Christ as our Lord and Saviour. We tried going to CCF one Sunday afternoon on the prodding of Glenn and RV, and we immediately felt spirit of God telling us that CCF is for us and we are for CCF.

I do not know what are the other aspects of God's plan for us, but as a Christian family we just now pray for wisdom to discern His will so that we may go where He wants us to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment