We spend our lives waiting for God to move His hand, just like how Habakkuk decided to wait on God from the watch tower. But perhaps if we look close enough at the details of our everyday lives, we will already see His handiwork. Miracles, we may call them. This blog is a listing of the things I have asked for, and were given; stuff I have sought, and found; and doors I have knocked upon, and have been opened.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Civic Work

As country representative, I opened an office in a business center in Mandaluyong City. I chose that place in order to also give focus to my civic duties. I had been a member of the Junior Chamber (Jaycees) of the Philippines, and had been doing civic work since 1999. That year 2006, I was elected as chapter president of the Jaycees in Mandaluyong City. We held a lot of projects in the local public schools and the correctional institution for women. It was a lot of work. It was physically taxing, but it was great for the spirit. I just knew that God gave me an office in that City so I can do things for the needy. I started allocating a chunk of my income for this.

Mid stream during my term as Jaycees chapter president, I got an invitation from a friend to attend a bible study for men on Monday evenings. The location is in a different city, so I said no. But God had other plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment