We spend our lives waiting for God to move His hand, just like how Habakkuk decided to wait on God from the watch tower. But perhaps if we look close enough at the details of our everyday lives, we will already see His handiwork. Miracles, we may call them. This blog is a listing of the things I have asked for, and were given; stuff I have sought, and found; and doors I have knocked upon, and have been opened.

Friday, April 2, 2010

Up In The Air

I also want to tell you about how God has allowed me to see the world. Way back in 1993 I was able to go to Bangkok to attend a training in Statistics for 3 months. Then for 2 years I was in South Australia to do my master's degree. But I think these 2 opportunities were but God's way of giving me a taste of what is out there. After I got home in 1997 from Adelaide, I pretty much got stuck in Manila. I thought that was it for me; no more travelling. So when my passport expired I did not even bother to renew it. Deep inside I was actually glad about it. Why? Because I am scared of airplanes.

But I guess God had other plans. As soon as I moved out of government, God gave me a trip to KL. Then 6 months after, another trip, this time to Oslo, Norway. Since then I had been travelling to Europe and Asia several times a year. I had been to Copenhagen, Frankfurt, Singapore, Bali, Kota Kinabalu, Hongkong and Kyoto. I had also been able to bring my family to HK Disneyland, to Singapore and to Bangkok. This year, I am bringing them to Hanoi for about 3 months. Not bad at all for a guy who hates flying. I remember praying to God before not to make me travel anymore, but I guess he is The Boss. And now I also understand why he makes me live a part of my life up in the air. The Lord is teaching me not to be scared of both living and dying. In other words He is teaching me to strengthen my faith in Him. He is a great God indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment