We spend our lives waiting for God to move His hand, just like how Habakkuk decided to wait on God from the watch tower. But perhaps if we look close enough at the details of our everyday lives, we will already see His handiwork. Miracles, we may call them. This blog is a listing of the things I have asked for, and were given; stuff I have sought, and found; and doors I have knocked upon, and have been opened.

Friday, May 16, 2014

Moving Jobs


                                                    Photo from: www.searchenginejournal.com

I have decided to move jobs. Or perhaps I should say, the Big Boss has decided I should move jobs.

When the opportunity came a-knockin', I asked the Lord through intent prayer if this is for me. In the first place, this one was more of an unexpected opportunity. I mentioned to a good friend that I am considering leaving my current job (I had been in the same post in the last 9 years), and she readily mentioned that she knows of a company looking for a guy with my qualifications.

It turned out that the new job will only match what I had been receiving in my old job. But it offers a change in scenery, and will be a shorter drive from home. The Lord has been clear in His message to me: this one will not be about the money. And I think He is sending me to this new office to do something for Him. He is my God, and as Christians we must be discerning of His will. I am His work in progress, and I hope He uses me well to propagate His Word and expand His kingdom. As He is a generous God, I know that His generosity will not be manifested in the form of wordly, monetary rewards. I instead pray that He would reward me with great courage in my heart. Because at the end of the day; when it gets  down to brass tacks, it is not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment