We spend our lives waiting for God to move His hand, just like how Habakkuk decided to wait on God from the watch tower. But perhaps if we look close enough at the details of our everyday lives, we will already see His handiwork. Miracles, we may call them. This blog is a listing of the things I have asked for, and were given; stuff I have sought, and found; and doors I have knocked upon, and have been opened.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Path to Christianity 1

With our new baby, we started to build a new family. We rented a studio apartment in the community where my wife grew. We really started small. We had a two-seater sofa, a bed and a 14-inch TV. I was then occupying a neat position in government, Director for Transport BOT Projects. The position was great for social stature, but the salary was meager. There were temptations to cross the line in order to bring home big bucks. But I stuck to my guns, and my God. I had this feeling in my gut that if I feed my baby with food bought wth dirty money, she will choke to death. That kept me in line. I was too happy for the miracles I got, and was too scared to disappoint the Lord.

At some point God kicked me out of government, and led to me to a job in a different government. I got a post a Market Adviser at the Commercial Section of the Royal Norwegian Embassy. The travel time was shorter, and the pay was almost double. I feel that I got rewarded for saying no to the serpent who offered me a bite in the apple for so many occassions in so many years. God is gracious indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment